I am constantly coming up with new dinner ideas and in return this leaves my lunches a little lack luster. Anyone else share my problem? We plan dinners and just scrounge around for lunch. Well, this creamy cucumber dill chicken salad is our solution!
Use your backyard fresh cucumbers (store bought is fine 😉) and fresh dill to make this simple chicken salad.
What is in chicken salad?
For me, all good chicken salads must have a few things...
- creamy dressing
- chicken (duh!)
- crunchy veggies - cucumber, red peppers, reddish
- something tangy - I'll be using dill pickles!
- something fresh- fresh dill to brighten everything up!
This cucumber dill chicken salad is the perfect recipe to use up that leftover chicken OR I just simply seared 2 chicken breasts on each side for 5 minutes then finished off in the oven. Easy!
Healthy Chicken Salad Dressing
So we are going to be using greek yogurt for our healthy chicken salad dressing. I mixed greek yogurt with a pinch of salt, lemon, fresh dill, and garlic powder for the ultimate creamy dressing!
I love using full fat greek yogurt because it has a great tang to it and is super satisfying when you get that creamy dressing craving!
Chicken Salad Sandwich
My favorite way to eat this chicken salad is to pile it on a sandwich! I layered extra cucumber, micro greens, and tomato on some whole wheat bread for the perfect lunch!
If you are looking for a lunch that is easy to pack for lunch and doesn't need to be re-heated this sandwich is perfect for that. Serve with some lentil chips from Enjoy Life Foods and you are good to go!
More Lunch Ideas
Dill and Cucumber Chicken Salad
- mixing bowl
- 2 cups chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Start by combining the greek yogurt, salt, pepper, dill, garlic powder and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, red pepper, pickle, and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add the dressing to the chicken salad and stir.
- Cover and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes. Layer on sandwiches and enjoy!
Leave a Reply