Get an easy weeknight dinner on the table quickly with these delicious mini tacos! Made with leftover rotisserie chicken and cooked in the air fryer, they'll be on the table in no time!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- 30 minute meal: Since this recipe uses rotisserie chicken, they only require a little bit of effort to make the perfect weeknight dinner!
- Family friendly: Seasoned with your family's favorite flavors like taco seasoning, tender chicken, and real cheese, these rotisserie chicken tacos taste great, and everyone can customize them with their favorite taco toppings.
- Budget friendly: By using simple, inexpensive ingredients and leftover chicken, this air fryer mini tacos recipe will fight nicely in any budget!
- Tailgate friendly: Looking for a recipe that will feed a crowd? Show up to your tailgate party with these chicken mini tacos, and they'll be a big hit for sure!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Mini Tacos
- Street taco tortillas: These are bite-sized tacos, so you'll want the smaller street taco tortillas.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken: Start by shredding leftover cooked rotisserie chicken for these mini chicken tacos.
- Mexican blend cheese: Made to be melted, Mexican blend cheese is the perfect option for this mini tacos recipe.
- Kidney beans: Drain and rinse canned kidney beans to assemble these mini tacos quickly.
- Taco seasoning: Made from authentic seasonings like cumin, dehydrated garlic, paprika, and more, this seasoning blend has all the taco flavor you need.
- Cooking spray or oil: To get a nice golden brown color on each taco, spray the tortillas or brush them with vegetable oil before air frying.
- Toppings: While the mini tacos cook in the air fryer, set up a toppings station with pickled red onion, cotija cheese, avocado, and jalapeno.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees and in a mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, Mexican cheese, and kidney beans.
2. Fill the tortillas and fold the tacos over and in batches, add to the air fryer in a single layer. (The amount you can do each time depends on your air fryer basket).
3. Cook tacos 3 minutes until crispy and brown. Repeat until all tacos are finished.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings!
Frozen Mini Tacos in the Air Fryer
If you'd prefer to use frozen mini beef tacos instead of making them yourself, you can pop them in the air fryer while they are frozen! Be sure to preheat your air fryer to 425 degrees. Cook them for the time listed below, flipping halfway. Let the tacos cool for 1-2 minutes before eating, and serve with your favorite toppings.
- José Olé beef & cheese mini tacos: 7-10 minutes
- Frozen Don Miguel Mini Tacos: 8-10 minutes (These are the same as the Costco mini tacos.)
- Trader Joe mini tacos: 6-8 minutes
Substitutes and Variations
- Change the meat: Cook ground beef or ground turkey with taco seasoning for a richer, heartier flavor.
- Change up the tortillas: The type of tortilla doesn't matter, just the size. These mini tacos are fantastic with oven-baked corn tortillas. To avoid wheat gluten, use tortillas made with stone ground corn masa flour. You can even use crispy mini taco shells for a nice crunch!
- Choose the right oil: Use coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Try different cheeses: You can use real cheddar cheese, cotija, queso fresco, pepper jack cheese, and more.
- Cheese mini tacos: Replace the chicken with cooked rice and double the cheese for warm, ooey-gooey cheese tacos.
- Griddle them: Get out a large skillet and set it over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the tortillas are golden brown. Then, fold and serve.
What to Serve with Mini Tacos
Set up a topping station to let your guests adjust their tacos with their favorite flavors! They taste great with:
- Cotija cheese
- Pickled red onion
- Jalapeno slices
- Fresh lime wedges
- Homemade salsa
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Zesty green chiles
- Real cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
FAQ and Tips for Air Fried Mini Tacos
To bake these mini tacos in a conventional oven, turn it on to 400 degrees F and activate the convection feature. Follow the same instructions from the recipe, but set them on a large baking sheet and place them at the center of oven. This is a great way to make a big batch of mini tacos for tailgating or a party!
If you're making fresh mini tacos, you'll only need to cook them for approximately 3-4 minutes in an air fryer set to 380 degrees. If you're cooking frozen mini tacos, you'll want to set the air fryer to 425 degrees F, and most of the popular mini taco brands take between 6-10 minutes. For best results, let them cool for 1-2 minutes before eating!
Yes! The air fryer is a fantastic way to cook your frozen mini tacos. According to the package instructions, they typically need to be cooked at 425 degrees F for between 6-10 minutes.
Freshly made mini tacos only need 3 minutes or so in the air fryer set to 380 degrees F. For frozen mini tacos, set your air fryer to 425 degrees F
Related Recipes and Serving Suggestions
Make it a feast with these delicious tailgating recipes!
Air Fryer Mini Tacos with Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 air fryer
- 10-12 street taco sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans drained
- 2 tablespoon favorite taco seasoning
- cooking spray or olive oil
- toppings: pickled red onion cotija cheese, avocado, jalapeno
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 for 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, mexican cheese, and kidney beans.
- Lay out your 10 tortillas and spray with cooking spray or rub with olive oil on one side.
- Flip the tacos over to the non-oiled side and fill each taco with the chicken mixture.
- Fold the tacos over and in batches, add to the air fryer in a single layer. (The amount you can do each time depends on your air fryer basket)
- Cook tacos for 3 minutes until crispy and brown. Repeat until all tacos are finished.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!