Loaded with juicy chicken, salty bacon, creamy ranch dressing, and melty cheddar cheese, this recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders is your new 6-ingredient weeknight hero. Aside from being completely delicious and super easy, these mini sandwiches are kid-friendly and mama-approved!
Table of Contents
Why These Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders Are The Best
With the kiddos back in school, life has become busier. Between car lines and all the various post-school activities, my afternoons are basically shot. Rather than caving and buying fast food on my busiest (read: most tired) nights, I figured out how to make my own healthier version of our favorite crave-worthy snacks for a fraction of the cost!
Aside from being just as tasty as chicken bacon ranch sandwiches from the takeout window, my recipe is:
- Made With Just 6 Ingredients. A short shopping list is just what the doctor ordered!
- Quick & Easy. They’ll be ready for eating in under 30 minutes.
- Hearty & Comforting. Meaty, cheesy, carby, and delicious, these little sliders can knock out even the biggest hunger.
- Crowd-Pleasing. Kids and parents alike will love these yummy sliders. And, since they’re mini-sized, they’re easy to divvy up between the littles and the bigs!
Ingredients For Chicken Ranch Sliders
As promised, you only need 6 easy-to-find ingredients to make these chicken bacon sliders. Here’s what to grab:
- Slider Buns - I like making these chicken bacon ranch sliders on Hawaiian Rolls, but you can feel free to swap in any slider buns you prefer.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs - Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are one of the most inexpensive cuts of meat around. Because of their dark meat and relatively high fat content, they’re also nearly impossible to overcook or dry out, which makes them an ideal choice for grilling, baking, or air frying.
- Ranch Seasoning - Made with buttermilk powder and a bevy of delicious herbs and spices, this premade spice mix is a great way to add tons of flavor without any fuss. You’re also welcome to make your own if you want to avoid artificial ingredients.
- Bacon - Thick or thin-cut, black forest or maple smoked, pork or turkey — the choice is all yours!
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese - I love the tang of sharp cheddar against creamy ranch, but feel free to swap in your favorite melting cheese.
- Ranch Dressing - Double the ranch means double the tastiness on these ranch chicken sliders!
Using both the oven and your air fryer means you can cut your prep time in half. Here’s the equipment you’ll need:
- Sheet Pan - Make sure to grab one with rims so the bacon fat doesn’t get away from you.
- Air Fryer - If you don’t have one, you can bake, grill, or pan-fry your chicken thighs instead. I just love how easy and hands-off the air fryer is!
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
Making these delightful mini sandwiches is easy enough for even a crazy school night. Here’s how it’s done:
Step 1: Prep. Preheat the oven and lay out the bacon strips on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Step 2: Cook Bacon. Bake the bacon for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step 3: Season Chicken with the ranch packet and salt, if needed.
Step 4: Air Fry Chicken for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step 5: Slice each chicken thigh, bacon, and cheddar slice into 2 smaller pieces.
Step 6: Assemble the sliders with ½ a bacon slice, ½ a chicken thigh, ½ slice of cheddar cheese then top with the slider bun. Repeat until all are finished.
Step 7: Bake sliders on the same sheet pan as you cooked your bacon until the cheese is melted.
Step 8: Serve with a side of ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Swaps & Substitutions
While these chicken bacon ranch sandwiches are pretty dialed in, there’s always room for customization here in the White Kitchen, Red Wine world. Here are a few variations to consider:
- Try a different sauce like BBQ ranch or buffalo ranch to make things a little zingier.
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches - Instead of air-frying your meat, fire up the grill! You can also make full-sized sandwiches in place of sliders by swapping in regular burger buns.
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders - Swap in leftover Thanksgiving turkey for the chicken thighs.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull-Apart Rolls - Pull-apart sandwiches aren’t just easy to present, they’re also fun to eat! To turn this recipe into pull-apart goodness, keep the slider rolls connected in a giant sheet, halving them like a giant hamburger bun. Assemble the sliders as instructed, layering ½ a chicken thigh, ½ a bacon slice, and ½ a slice of cheddar on each bottom piece, then add the top bun layer in one piece and bake as directed. To serve, place the whole giant chicken bacon melt on a plate, pulling one corner gently away to show your guests how it’s done.
FAQs & Tips
Can I air-fry chicken breasts instead of thighs? You sure can! Check out this easy recipe where you cook them from frozen.
- If your buns are browning too quickly, tent the baking dish with foil.
- Save on prep time by opting for rotisserie chicken or deli chicken slices.
These tasty chicken bacon appetizers are just as welcome at the dinner table as they are on the buffet. If you’re serving them for a meal, consider adding a side salad and oven-baked french fries or air-fryer sweet potato fries to round out your plate, and don’t forget the ranch dressing for dipping!
More Tasty Chicken Sandwich Recipes
If you tried this recipe for my easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders, let me know how it turned out by rating and reviewing it below. You can also always tag me on your social media posts — I love seeing your creations and cheering you on!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 1 air fryer
- 1 sheet tray
- 1 Package Slider Buns
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 8 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese cut in half
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay out the bacon strips on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake the bacon for 7 minutes then flip the bacon.
- Continue cooking an additional 7 minutes until slightly crispy on the edges.
- While the bacon cooks, season the chicken thighs with the ranch packet (check to see if your seasoning has salt, if there is no salt, also season the chicken with 2 teaspoon salt)
- In an air fryer, at 385 degrees, cook the chicken thighs for 7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken thighs then continue cooking another 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Keep in mind you may need to do this air frying in two batches.
- When the chicken is done, carefully slice each chicken thigh into 2 smaller pieces.
- Begin layering the sliders with ½ a bacon slice, ½ a chicken thigh, ½ slice of cheddar cheese then top with the slider bun.
- Repeat until all are finished. These can be baked in a baking dish or on a sheet pan.
- Pop these into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing.