A lighter version of your favorite pasta dinner, chicken Alfredo gets a White Kitchen Red Wine makeover with this Cauliflower Chicken Alfredo Sauce.
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
A smooth Alfredo sauce made with steamed cauliflower rice is the perfect sauce to pour over cast iron skillet chicken with steamed broccolini.
The Alfredo sauce is made with cauliflower, parmesan, milk, salt and pepper and of course garlic! It's all whipped together to form a creamy, dreamy cauliflower Alfredo!
Can You Use Whole Cauliflower?
Sure! Simply cut the florets off the larger stalk, steam them the same way you steam the cauliflower rice and blend!
Frozen cauliflower works fine for this too. Really it couldn't be more simple to make.
You can steam it in the bag if the directions allow or put in a small saucepan with a bit of water and place the lid on. This steams the cauliflower to perfection which makes it super easy to incorporate into the sauce.
Why Use Cauliflower?
So in this application, cauliflower is replacing the butter and flour traditionally used in this sauce. It packs in a ton of vegetables in to a seemingly rich sauce!
The "funkiness" of the cauliflower also plays really nicely with parmesan cheese. It makes it extra smooth as well.
Other Uses For Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
This could totally be used to top pasta or just plain veggies! keep the sauce in a jar in the fridge for use on everyday recipes.
I also think it would be delicious poured over these crispy green bean fries!
Another idea if you wanted to keep it light would be to pour this all over some spaghetti squash and create the ultimate cauliflower Alfredo spaghetti squash with chicken!
Cauliflower Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 16 oz riced cauliflower steamed OR 2 heads of cauliflower florets
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 cups broccoli
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup of water and the cauliflower. Steam the cauliflower in a sauceand blend with parm, garlic, salt, pepper, milk to make sauce.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes until very tender. Strain.
- In a food processor or carefully in a blender, blend with parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, milk to make sauce.
Make the Chicken
- Salt the chicken breasts.
- Over medium high heat, cook for 10 min on cast iron skillet.
- Flip over and continue and add chicken stock and broccolini all around the chicken.
- Cover the pan and continue cooking until the chicken reaches an internal temperatue of 165 degrees fahrenheit. About 10-15 more minutes.
- Slice the chicken, plate it with the broccoli and pour the alfredo sauce over.
Leave a Reply