The summer's healthiest 30 minute dinner is right here! Easy, healthy Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is super flavorful and totally guilt free. The fresh combination of basil, tomato, and savory feta is perfection!
If your garden is anything like mine, it is OVERFLOWING with tomatoes by the end of Summer. Put them to good use and chop them up for this easy grilled chicken recipe.
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
- chicken breast
- cherry or roma tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- garlic powder
How To Make Bruschetta
The star of this grilled chicken dish is the fresh, bright tomato mix on top. Bruschetta is typically crusty bread topped with garlic and oil then a mix of tomato, cheese, meat or even beans!
So we're taking this classic Italian idea and making it low carb by using grilled chicken instead!
However if you are looking for a good appetizer, go ahead and mix up this tomato basil salad and serve it over bread with oil! Another amazing appetizer to serve with this 30 minute meal is my Homemade Bread Dipping oil with crusty bread.
Best Grilled Chicken
In addition to our feta, basil, and tomato mix, we need some delicious grilled chicken to top it off!
To make the best-grilled chicken, I like to keep it simple. Salt, pepper, oil, and a splash of balsamic vinegar are the ingredients here.
I like to get my grill to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit and slice my chicken in half lengthwise (like a butterfly!)
This cuts down on cooking time and that's always a plus. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cook on one side for 6-7 minutes then flip it over.
After flipping I like to do a couple of dashes of balsamic vinegar on top for extra flavor. Cook for an additional 6-7 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken
Easy, healthy Bruschetta Chicken is a really light and refreshing meal for those hot summer days. I love to serve it with with side dishes that highlight everything delicious about summer....
These easy-to-make Summer side dishes are a sure hit at your dinner table and always healthy!
Other Easy Ways to Prepare Chicken
Don't have a grill? No problem! You can prepare this chicken a couple of other ways and have it turn out just as good and easy.
Baked Chicken - simply season the chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Bake in a dish for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked to temperature (165 degrees Fahrenheit)
Pan Seared Chicken - in a skillet, sear the seasoned chicken for 5 minutes on one side. Flip them over and add 1 cup of chicken stock. Place the lid on and continue to cook the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees. Slice and enjoy!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 2-3 chicken breasts sliced in half (butterfly style, but cut all the way through)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1.5 cups diced tomatoes cherry tomatoes or roma
- ¼ cup basil leaves sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and grill at 375 degrees for 6-7 minutes on one side, flip them over.
- Splash with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on each chicken breast and continue cooking for 6-7 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- Remove and set aside.
- Prepare the tomato salad by combining the cherry tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese. Toss with a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir well.
- Top the chicken breasts with the tomato mix and top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze if desired.
Oh this sounds so amazing! Great use of tomatoes!