This condiment is SO versatile, you'll want to put it on everything! Cilantro Chimmichurri sauce goes on eggs, steak, veggies, and more!
You only need 5 minutes and a blender to whip this up and you'll be so glad you did. Keep it in the fridge for a lean and green dip or dressing.
Easy 5 Minute Cilantro Sauce
As the name indicates, the main flavor component in this is cilantro. But it's also complemented by a few other delicious ingredients...
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- green onions
Make Chimmichurri In The Blender
The beauty of this simple cilantro chimmichurii sauce is that it can be made in the blender in about 30 seconds. Chop all ingredients roughly and then just pop them in!
- Roughly chop the cilantro, green onion, and garlic.
- Place all ingredients (except the olive oil) into a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients start to combine and then stream in the olive oil until it forms a "sauce."
How To Use Cilantro Chimmichurri?
The traditional way Chimichurri is served is over grilled meats. Which is an amazing use for this zesty sauce!
I also like to use it for...
- Marinades (fish, chicken, or shrimp!)
- Dressing on a salad
- Dip for veggies or over roasted vegetables
- Over eggs or avocado toast for breakfast
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Cilantro Chimmichurri Sauce?
I like to put the cilantro sauce in a mason jar with a lid or an airtight Tupperware. It's ready to eat as soon as you make it but you can also store it in the fridge for up to a week or so.
- Food Processor
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3 green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Roughly chop all ingredients.
- Place all ingredients except for the olive oil into the food processor.
- Pulse until everything is chopped and well combined.
- Turn on the food processor and stream in the olive oil until a sauce has formed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 7 days.