I love winters for fleece, warm meals, and hot chocolate! Seriously, hot chocolate is my winter soulmate!I usually roll with classic dark or milk chocolate, but then I tried Starbucks White Hot Chocolate and BAM!
Who knew white hot chocolate could be this insanely delicious?!
A mug piled high with white chocolate sauce and topped with a hell of a lot of whipped cream on a cold day - YUM, I can never have enough. But let's be real, my wallet likes to stay plump and happy, too.
So, Instead of going to Starbucks every other day I came up with this Copycat Starbucks White Hot Chocolate Recipe, and guess what? It's so super close to the original one! Woot Woot!
Why You'll Love the Delicious White Hot Chocolate
Premium quality ingredients. The ingredient list is short, so splurge and get the best ones.
Super simple and easy recipe! If you can make coffee, you can make this!
Tweakable! Make a batch and change it up every time with different toppings. So versatile!
It's a Starbucks Copycat Recipe! Imagine a delicious drink from Starbucks in the comfort of your own home! Oh, and did I mention you're getting it for a fraction of the price? #Winning. Starbucks copycats are kind of my specialty, another favorite is the Pineapple Matcha Latte!
Ingredients for Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
The recipe includes simple ingredients, and that, too, only three!
Milk - Use 2% steamed milk for this recipe; Starbucks does the same! However, if you prefer a creamier mouthfeel, whole milk (it has 3.5% fat) is a great choice.
White Chocolate - This is our main ingredient, so get the best white chocolate bar you can find. I prefer Ghiradelli, but any premium brand works. You'll have to chop your chocolate so it melts quickly.
Toppings - Of course, where's the fun without some toppings? Treat yourself to a huge dollop of whipped cream, some colorful sprinkles, or even crushed gingerbread. You can also add a splash of vanilla extract or some cinnamon for an extra kick.
Scroll down to the recipe card to know how much of each ingredient you'll need.
Variations for White Hot Chocolate
Although the original Starbucks white hot chocolate recipe only has whipped cream, who is stopping you from giving it your own personal twist? This hot drink is super versatile.
Add More Flavor - Use peppermint syrup or a teaspoon of peppermint extract to add a cool twist to the classic white chocolate recipe. You can also use other flavored syrups like caramel, hazelnut, or raspberry. I've used vanilla syrup, and I loved how it enhanced my drink.
Try Different Toppings - Serving this deliciousness during the holiday season? Top it with crushed candy canes, dark chocolate curls, or even marshmallows! You can also sprinkle some cocoa powder on top. No complaints!
Serve It With Something Sweet - I love pairing this drink with a warm slice of banana bread or some freshly baked cookies. The flavors are a match made in heaven!
Step By Step Instructions
This is a super simple little treat to make at home. Less than 10 minutes stand between you and some decadent white hot chocolate!
Step 1: Add milk to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until the edges bubble.
Step 2: Remove from heat and add in the white hot chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has fully melted.
Step 3. Add to your favorite mug and add whipped cream and marshmallows!
Substitutions and Tips
- You can use white chocolate chips in place of a bar if that's what you have. Just make sure you get ones with a higher cocoa butter percentage.
- If you're following a vegan diet, switch to plant-based milk. Of course, the flavor will be slightly different, but still totally worth it. Choose between coconut milk and almond milk.
- Want to try the drink with a white mocha sauce? Add condensed skim milk to your recipe. Or you can get a store-bought syrup.
- Simmer the mixture in a medium saucepan. Only simmer! No boiling!
Frequently Asked Questions
The white hot chocolate on the Starbucks menu is made of Fontana white chocolate mocha sauce, whipped cream, and vanilla syrup. Their sauce is a mix of potassium sorbate, coconut oil, condensed skim milk, cocoa butter, sugar, salt, and natural flavor).
These are two different hot drinks. The toasted white hot chocolate one requires you to caramelize the white chocolate before adding milk to it.
Nope! This drink is completely caffeine-free. Don't get confused by "Mocha" in the name!
Give These Starbucks Copycat Recipes a Shot, Too
After this becomes your favorite white chocolate recipe, you'll want to try more and more copycat recipes - no judgment!
In fact, I have some really cool ones for you right here. Each of these is a hit - no kidding!
If you tried this Starbucks White Hot Chocolate recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Starbucks Copycat White Hot Chocolate
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 whisk
- 4 cups 2% milk steamed
- 1 cup good quality white chocoate like Ghiradelli chopped
- optional topping: whipped cream and crushed gingerbread
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the 4 cups of milk and chopped white chocolate.
- Constantly stir until the white chocolate is fully melted, remove from the heat.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with whipped cream and crushed gingerbread
- Don't skimp on the quality of the white chocolate, get the best chocolate you can afford. The flavor of this white hot chocolate depends on the delicious white chocolate you choose!
- Sky is the limit with toppings! My favorite include whipped cream and gingerbread men for the perfect holiday drink!