Copycat Sugar Cookie Latte with Almond Milk
So the holiday season rolls around and we are all excited for the typical holiday flavors. But Starbucks rolled out a Sugar Cookie Latte that people are going nuts for and I'm going to show you how to make it at home!
Their Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte is one of my favorites (iced or hot!) and it took me by surprise because I usually don't take sweetener in my coffee.
Ingredients For Starbucks Latte
Starbucks has a sugar cookie flavored syrup that makes it easy for them, but I've found a combo of ingredients that taste just like that syrup and are much cheaper to make at home!
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- butter extract
- brown sugar
- sprinkles (optional, but fun!)
By making our own sugar cookie syrup, we can make this Starbucks latte right at home, and honestly, it's delicious!
How To Make Starbucks Sugar Cookie Latte
So a latte is made up of espresso shots and several ounces of steamed milk. If you don't have an espresso machine, brew up some very strong coffee.
We'll first need to prepare the syrup...
- In a saucepan combine water, brown sugar, almond, vanilla, and butter extracts.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Set aside and let cool
Then simply brew the espresso, add the syrup and almond milk and enjoy hot or over ice!
Why To Make This Copy Cat Starbucks Latte At Home
From the lower price to the lower calories, there are many reasons to try this at home!
For about the price of 3 grande Sugar Cookie Lattes at Starbucks, you can purchase the ingredients to make your own for WEEKS.
I love having a recipe like this at my disposal to impress guests or just make a special moment for myself in the morning.
I also have a recipe for the Pineapple Matcha Latte from Starbucks that always hits the spot!
Sugar Cookie Latte Starbucks Copycat
- single or double shot of espresso
- 1-2 oz of almond milk
Sugar Cookie Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon butter extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- Ice if making an iced latte
- Brew your espresso shots, or a really strong cup of coffee.
- In a saucepan add brown sugar, water, and all extracts.
- Bring this to a gentle boil and reduce the heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl or mason jar.
- To make the latte, add a tablespoon (or more) of the sugar cookie syrup to your espresso.
- Top with almond milk
- Add ice if you prefer and top with sprinkles!
I fell in love with that Latte on vacation in Vegas. The batista recommended it with Oat Milk. I never tried Oat Milk but wanted my son to taste it, he's allergic to nuts. It was good.
I am going to try your recipe out!!
Sara Ayesh says
Oh I bet it would be just as delicious with oat milk! Definitely let me know how it turns out!
R. Cassar says
Delicious! Thank you, I so needed this recipe in my life, lol. Only criticism from the barista at Starbuck's was that you always want to steam your milk first, then pull espresso shots. 👍
Sara Ayesh says
Great tip! Thank you so much - always looking for ways to enhance my latte-drinking experiences. I'll be trying it that way for sure!