Handheld Apple Crescent Rolls with just the right amount of sugar and a perfect golden brown finish - good life! It's the apple-picking season and the time of year when we all want quick homemade treats.
If you've ever wondered whether you can make things easier in the kitchen by using crescent dough for apple pies, you'd love this semi-homemade recipe for apple crescent rolls. It'll satisfy your fruit pie craving without sweating out in the kitchen!
Serve them to a crowd on a holiday gathering or take them on the go. Either way, these apple crescent rolls will surely become a favorite. Apple pie also pairs ridiculously well with cheddar cheese, try out my Apple Cheddar Pie to see for yourself!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
This homemade apple pie roll up recipe is so quick to make. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Super simple ingredients. There's nothing fancy, so you won't have to splurge on a grocery store visit.
It's an easy apple crescent roll recipe. The instructions are a breeze to follow. Make it twice, and you'll know the recipe by heart! Crescent rolls are fun to use for unique purposes, like this French Onion Pot Pie!
There are fresh apples in there. There's nothing like biting into a pie and tasting that juicy fruit filling. Apples are great sweet or savory - try out the Apple Honey Walnut Crostini to try a savory apple treat.
Ingredients for Delicious Apple Crescent Rolls
- Crescent Roll Dough - Make your life easy, and use a flaky, buttery, pre-made crescent dough for this recipe. No extra tools, no extra steps!
- Apple - Use Granny Smith apples for this recipe. They are tart, and their texture holds up well in the oven.
- Granulated Sugar - If you don't want to use white sugar, use coconut sugar for a healthier option. Brown sugar works, too.
- Cinnamon - That's our secret ingredient that'll give these apple rolls a slightly spicy kick.
You'll find the quantity details in the recipe card at the bottom of this page. I've also included step-by-step instructions for your ease.
How To Make Them
3 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps to make these decadent little apple bites!
Step 1: Roll out the individual crescent rolls and top with cinnamon sugar and an apple slice.
Step 2: Roll up the crescent roll dough containing the apples.
Step 3: Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
This is where the fun begins! Here are a few ways to serve this delicious dessert:
- Drizzle some caramel sauce for a decadent bite.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a cold and creamy combo.
- Top the mini rolls with whipped cream and chopped nuts for a crunchier experience.
We prefer these right out of the oven when they're still warm and fresh. You can also slice them into small pieces, dust them with some apple pie spice, and serve them as apple pie bites!
Apple pie spice wafting through the air is one of my favorite scents in the world! If you love it too, you must make the Apple Pie Granola!
Variations You Must Try
I love this easy apple pie recipe because it's so easy to customize. Although this simple recipe only includes some layering, folding, and baking, there's so much more you can do.
Let's find out how:
- Fill your crescent rolls with apple pie filling or any of your other favorite fruit pie filling.
- Try these with a cream cheese filling for a creamy twist. Just mix softened cream cheese with some sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into the apples for some tanginess. You can also go with lemon zest for an extra burst of flavor.
- Use whipping cream as icing to give your apple crescent rolls a rich and creamy touch. Apple cider will work, too.
Tips and Tricks
Although this apple crescent roll recipe is pretty straightforward, you can use the following tips to make sure it turns out lip-smacking good.
- These aren't full-sized rolls, so you can't use full-size apple wedges. Make sure you chop your apple for a more finger food feel.
- Brush the rolls with some melted butter to get a lovely golden brown hue.
- Use water for sealing. Wet the edges slightly before rolling to avoid any leakage.
- Don't forget the egg wash. It'll give your rolls a nice sheen and make them look mouth-watering good.
Making Vanilla Glaze for Apple Crescent Rolls
It's super simple, and it'll make your apple crescent rolls look like they just came out of a bakery. Here's what you'll need:
- Confectioner's sugar (½ cup)
- Milk or cream (2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Once you take the rolls out of the oven, drizzle this glaze over them. You can also add some cinnamon to the glaze for a more apple pie-like flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are easy to store. Bring them to room temperature before placing them in an airtight container.
You can either leave them out on the counter in a cool and dark spot, and they'll do good for two days. If you slide the container into the fridge, you'll get about five days of shelf life.
Longer storage is possible, too. You just have to freeze them. Use a parchment paper or a cookie sheet to line them up in one layer, freeze them for an hour, and then put them in a zip-lock bag. They'll be good for three months.
Absolutely! You can prepare and bake these crescent roll apple pies a day before. Just keep them covered with aluminum foil to make sure they stay moist. When you want to serve them, reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Yes! This easy recipe is not limited to just apple slices. You can use any fruit pie filling you prefer. Peach, cherry, or even blueberry - all will work great with crescent dough.
Yes, you can definitely use puff pastry instead of crescent dough for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. Puff pastry tends to take a bit longer to bake than crescent dough. Oh, and you may need to roll out the pastry slightly thinner before adding the apple filling and rolling it up.
If you tried this Apple Crescent Rolls or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
More Related Apple Recipes!
Easy Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Slice the apple into 8 slices, or chop.
- Roll out each individual crescent and sprinkle with a mix of the cinnamon sugar.
- Place one apple slice on the large end of the dough and roll up.
- Place all of the rolled up crescents on the baking sheet and top with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes and enjoy!
- Try out different fruits or berries as filling for these crescent rolls
- For a creamy addition, spread some cream cheese in the middle of the roll up before baking.
- Top with a homemade whipped cream for an elevated addition to the dessert.