Have you ever had company coming over last minute and have nothing to serve them? Or need to take an appetizer to a party but can't think of what to bring? Look no further, this is your answer!
These are super simple toasts topped with sweet sliced apple, savory cheddar cheese, and the earthy drizzle of honey is a perfect two-bite combo that will wow your guests. Let's make Apple Honey Walnut Crostini!
Easy Apple Appetizer
These apple honey walnut toasts may not look like much, but they are loaded with flavor and texture that are great to pair with wines and other yummy appetizers. Plus who doesn't love cheese toast? I used a white cheddar here, but feel free to experiment with other cheese you love.
The apple you choose is up to you! ANY apple would work well in this application because we are just going for that sweet addition to a savory bite.
The crisp of the apple as well as the touch of sweetness is all your looking for. So it's ok if it's a little more tart or sweet. I used gala apples because that's what I had on hand!
Interested in more fun apple appetizers? Check out these 4 Easy Middle Eastern Apple Appetizers!
Perfect Girls Night Appetizer
I ended up serving these to a group of girl friends at an afternoon lunch and they were a hit. They take no time to make and that is another reason I love them. And I bet you already have these ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
So it really is the best appetizer when you just can't think of anything. Or don't want to go trek out to the store.
These Apple Honey Walnut Crostini pair really nicely with a cheese board or dinner so it makes the perfect girls night appetizer.
Try serving them with a crisp chardonnay! For other holiday wine pairings, check out this blog about Thanksgiving Food and Wine Pairings.
How To make the perfect toast
- Okay, here is my one single tip for the perfect toast: DONT WALK AWAY. Like ever. Ever! The worst thing in the world is to burn something and have the whole house smelling "burnt."
- Drizzle the toasts with olive oil on each side. I like using olive oil better than butter, but this is a personal preference!
- Pop them under a broiler and WATCH! When they start to turn that perfect golden brown it only takes a few seconds for that to turn to un-edible char. So take them out as soon as you see that golden brown
- Don't have apple? or white cheddar? No problem! Here are some substitution ideas!
- Pears make a great sub for apples!
- Parmesan or Havarti are great alternatives that pair well with apple or pears
- 1 Apple
- ½ French Baguette
- 1 8 oz block of White Cheddar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Olive Oil
- Set your oven to broil.
- Slice your Baguette into ½ inch slices and drizzle with olive oil
- Place on a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown
- top with the slices of cheddar cheese, thinly slices apple, chopped walnuts, and finish with a drizzle of honey!
Leave a Reply