What happens when you take a classic cornbread recipe and mix it with sweet apples and fragrant cinnamon? A mouthwatering upgrade on a traditional favorite that’s perfect for fall (or year-round in our house!).
The Secret Ingredient: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
So the key to these easy-to-make cinnamon cornbread muffins is JIFFY CORN MUFFIN MIX. (actually, any cornbread muffin mix but I love me some Jiffy).
This Jiffy apple cinnamon muffin mix recipe is packed with sweet corn flavors as well as a fun twist of apple cinnamon goodness. And if the apple and cinnamon flavor combination is one of your faves, try out these delicious Apple Crescent Cinnamon Rolls!
Other Ingredients and Tips
- Apples and cinnamon also are key players in this cornbread recipe!
- Try omiting the apples and swirl in some sweet apple butter instead! Delicious Apple Butter Cornbread muffins are just a few minutes away...
- How about using the cornbread muffins as a delicious Apple Cornbread Pudding? A unique fall favorite!
- OR switch up the spices and add in pumpkin spice for a an Apple Spiced Cornbread Muffin.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Cornbread Perfectly Every Time
With an pre-packaged mix, it's truly easy to get this cornbread recipe right every time.
It’s so delicious, I just might refer to it as apple cornbread cake! Especially with the added sweetness of apples. It really doesn't get much better.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix ingredeints according to the box and try not to over mix!
- Add in the apple chunks and cinnamon
- Pour into lined muffin tins and bake!
How to Easily Convert Into Apple Cornbread Muffins
Any cornbread muffin mix can easily be converted into Apple Cinnamon Cornbread!
Another brand I've used before is Trader Joes cornbread. It has chunks of real corn kernels in it for another unique texture and added sweetness.
Peeled and chopped apples tossed with cinnamon is simply mixed in to the cornbread mixture to create a unique twist on classic cornbread recipes.
What To Serve With Apple Cornbread Muffins
I actually loved these with a delicious, homemade compound butter! A spicy, sweet honey butter whipped to perfection and spread all over the muffins is delightful.
Spicy Honey Butter
Combine room temperature butter, honey, and red pepper flakes and whip together with a hand mixer.
Use immediately on Apple Cornbread Muffins!
Apple Cinnamon Cornbread Recipe
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix I've also used Trader Joes and it was great!
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of milk
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Try not to overmix!
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with spicy honey butter or alone!