Table of Contents
- 1 Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers with Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
- 3 Choosing Your Jalapenos
- 4 How Long To Air Fry Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
- 5 Are Jalapeno Poppers Keto?
- 6 Sauces To Serve with Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
- 7 Substitutions and FAQ
- 8 How Do I Prep Bacon For Jalapeno Poppers?
- 9 More Air Fried Snack Ideas
- 10 Delicious and Simple Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers with Cream Cheese Filling
Stumped on what to bring to a game day party, backyard cookout, or literally, ANYWHERE appetizers are served? Well, these super crispy, air fryer Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon are the answer.
The cheese mixture along with crispy bacon, everything bagel seasoning and a crunchy breadcrumb topping is the perfect flavor bomb. They come together in less than 10 min!
Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
This poppers recipe begins with the easy cheese filling. A blend of 2 kinds of cheese, bacon, and green onion ends up being a melty, irresistible bite every time. Here's what you'll need...
- sharp cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- everything bagel seasoning
- green onions
- garlic powder
- panko breadcrumbs
- regular breadcrumbs
This list of simple ingredients comes together in a snap to make the BEST JALAPENO POPPERS EVER.
Choosing Your Jalapenos
Make a careful selection at the store when choosing jalapenos for your poppers. You want large, round jalapenos that can hold a lot of the filling.
When you get home with your jalapenos, they are super easy to prep! Just simply slice in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
Then immediately wash your hands! You don't want to find out the hard way why this is necessary...
How Long To Air Fry Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
So once we've stuffed topped our jalapeno poppers, it's time to air fry them. The short amount of time it took for these stuffed jalapenos to get tender and melty actually surprised me!
7 minutes in the air fryer basket is all it took to get that perfect, poppable bite. The cheese was melted, the breadcrumb topping was browned, and the jalapenos got perfectly tender.
Are Jalapeno Poppers Keto?
While I'm not technically an expert on the Keto diet, these jalapeno poppers contain all keto-friendly ingredients EXCEPT the breadcrumb topping.
If you are looking to make these air-fried jalapeno poppers keto, then omit the breadcrumb topping.
You will still get to enjoy a fantastically melty popper with lower carbs.
Sauces To Serve with Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
Like any fried appetizer, these poppers are just begging to be dipped into something. While delicious and rich on their own, I'll give you some suggestions of dips to go along with them!
- Ranch (I used a dill ranch with these!)
- BBQ sauce
- Raspberry jam (for a delicious salty/sweet combo)
- Cilantro lime crema
Substitutions and FAQ
Here are some things that might help you along in your delicious jalapeno popper journey! If you come across something I didn't cover, drop your questions in the comment box at the end of the blog!
How Do I Prep Bacon For Jalapeno Poppers?
I love using freshly made bacon for this. Something about the way it still has that grease and crispness to it just elevates this appetizer.
I typically cook my bacon in a cast-iron skillet. However, if you want a no-mess way to prep bacon, line a sheet pan with foil and cook it in the oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy!
Can I Use Bacon Bits?
Yes, swap in bacon bits if you are in a crunch for time or just don't want to go to the hassle to prep your own bacon.
You could also even lighten these up a bit by using turkey bacon to create these loaded poppers.
Can You Cook These Without An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! They might not get as perfectly crispy on top, but by popping them in your oven set to "convection bake" it should give the same effect.
Set the oven to 375 on the convection setting and put them on a sheet tray in the oven for 7 minutes!
How Do I Store Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers?
I would put them in an airtight Tupperware for up to 3 days. Pop them back in the air fryer to reheat or if you don't mind the top not being as crunchy you can microwave for 30 seconds.
More Air Fried Snack Ideas
If you loved this easy air-fried jalapeno popper with bacon, you are going to LOVE my other air-fried snack recipes...
- Air Fried Zucchini Squash Fries
- Crispy Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Keto Green Bean Fries
- Air Fried Cinnamon Rolls
So break out that air fryer and let me know if you enjoyed the recipe! Share on social media or leave a review below.
Delicious and Simple Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 air fryer
- 12 jalapenos sliced in half and seeds removed
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- ½ cuppanko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup regular breadcrumbs
- ½ cup ranch for serving (if desired)
- First prepare the bacon. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, diced bacon, everything bagel seasoning, ½ of the green onions, and garlic powder.
- Mix by hand or with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- Take each jalapeno half and generously fill it. Repeat until they are all filled.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all breadcrumb topping ingredients. Stir well.
- Take each jalapeno half and press the cheese filled side into the mixture. Then turn it over and sprinkle additional topping on until all the cheese is covered.
- Repeat for each jalapeno popper.
- In batches, at 375 air fry the jalapenos for 5-7 minutes. Repeat until all are fried.
- Top with the remaining green onion and enjoy!