Do you ever just crave a good burger? Do you want to be done with dinner in 30 minutes? Yes & YES! This 30 Minute Meal: Loaded Burger Bowl is so satisfying and totally hits the spot if you are craving a big juicy burger! Using ground turkey instead of beef gives this burger bowl its healthy twist and if you load it with veggie toppings it's basically a salad...
To me, half of the enjoyment of the burger is the toppings! It's what totally gives a burger its personality and honestly, is it even worth eating without some great fixings? NO. This is where you can take some creative liberty and really make it your own. I personally load mine with red onion and pickles, but you do you! In addition to the normal burger toppings, I've seasoned the ground turkey with a mix of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to give it a really rich, deep "beefy" flavor. You won't even miss the beef!
I tend to lean towards leaner meats in general because you can really save a lot of calories and unnecessary fats by switching to chicken or turkey in burgers and other dishes. I also created my own "special sauce" to top this with using roasted red peppers & greek yogurt and honestly, its divine!
Did I mention this meal comes together in less than 30 minutes?! Well, in my book a 30 minute meal is king and this won't disappoint. Plus, a burger that is basically a salad and it's perfect for a weeknight family meal. Set up all the toppings as a little buffet and let your kiddos build their own! Also great for a party with multiple guests that would free you up from plating each individual dish.
Turkey Burger Bowl
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joes Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- Special Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Brown the ground turkey and when it is almost finished cooking add in soy sauce, worcestechire sauce, and umami seasoning.
- Assemble the bowl by starting with lettuce and adding the turkey on top.
- Top with any of your favorite burger toppings! Red onion, pickles, tomato.
- For the sauce, in a small blender add in the greek yogurt, roasted red pepper, mustard. Blend until smooth and add to the top of your burger bowl.