Ahh. The New Year is almost upon us! Are you still indulging in Christmas feasts or are you ready to move on to leaner and greener dishes? Well this is your nudge in the right direction! 20 Minute dinner that is filling, hearty, yet light and fresh!
There is one thing I desperately long for in these cold winter months and its grilled food. Chicken or veggies, whatever it may be, with those char marks all over it they are irresistible. So I have a mid-winter's hack for Mediterranean "Grilled" Chicken put over ancient grains topped with roasted tomatoes. YUM.
Now, while this meal only takes about 20 minutes to cook, I do suggest marinating the chicken at least 1 hour up to overnight. I let it go overnight and the acidic lemon juice made it so tender and fully penetrated the chicken breast. Delish. But I get it, we're busy and forget. So let it go for at least an hour.
The hack is to broil this butterfly'ed chicken breast to get some "char" marks and achieve a semi-grilled flavor. I do about 8 to 9 minutes on high broil each side of the chicken breast. But check your temperature every time! You want to cook to an internal temp of 165.
Greek Chicken Power Bowl
- 2 chicken breasts butterfly'ed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon zested
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion
- 1 Cup Dry Farro cooked according to package
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 4 cups arugula
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, spices, salt, peppper, minced onion, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Whisk to make marinade.
- Pour over 2 Chicken breasts in a plastic bag or shallow bowl.
- Marinate for 1 hr up to overnight. The longer the better!
- Cook farro according to package and stir in ¼ cup grated parm cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts (cut in half, but not the way, and lay them out flat) Broil on high for 9 minutes on one side, flip it and broil on high for 9 minutes on the opposite side or until the internal temperature is 165.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- In your bowl put 1 cup of arugula, top with a little bit of the farro, then chicken. Add halved cherry tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy right then or refrigerate and have for lunch all week!
Leave a Reply