Let me take something off your plate, here is an easy weeknight meal that has 7 ingredients. Most of which I guarantee you have in your pantry! Salmon is one of our favorite types of fish to cook in my house. My kiddo even loves it! Sam's sells precut filets that are frozen and that is what we mostly use so I can always have it on hand.
I've been making this salmon dish ever since Ryan and I were dating. I would come over to his house on the weekends and after driving 2.5 hours from Kansas State University to see him, all I wanted was a quick and easy meal. So when I make this I picture us in our first house together and to still be enjoying it together today makes me really happy!
The dijon mustard packs a punch of flavor and helps keep the salmon nice and moist through the cooking. The crunch of the bread crumb and pecans on top is a perfect contrast to the soft, flaky salmon. Garnished with fresh herbs, its the perfect bite every time!
During these colder months I love serving this along side some roasted veggies or on top of a big arugula salad. So let's get cooking!
Honey Mustard and Pecan Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Pecans
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 6 oz Salmon Filets
- Parsley for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together the dijon mustard, honey, and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk to combine
- Stir together panko breadcrumbs, chopped pecans, and garlic powder in a separate small bowl.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, pour over the mustard mixture. Make sure to completely coat it, it will keep the salmon moist. Then top with breadcrumb mix and coat completely with that.
- Place on a foil lined sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until flaky