Super Bowl game day is quickly approaching...is your menu ready?! The best party apps are the ones that are few ingredients, poppable, and obviously delish! These skillet turkey meatballs check all of those boxes. The Chiefs are headed to the Super Bowl this year so I am taking the food very seriously. A twist on a classic bruschetta toast, these meat balls feel kind of fancy, kind of healthy, and extremely easy!
The meatballs quickly come together in one mixing bowl and scooped into a hot skillet to brown on each side, then popped in the oven to finish off. Trader Joes bruschetta spread comes in clutch here. I used a whole jar just poured over the meatballs before going into the oven and it came out truly amazing. I love using Trader Joes Bruschetta, but any would work. These would be SO good on a meatball sub with extra tomato sauce and fresh parsley...just sayin...
Here's how you do it!
- Mix the Meatballs mix turkey, minced onion, spices, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion. Toss with a fork.
- Brown the Meatballs in a skillet over medium high heat, brown the meatballs on each side. Pour the bruschetta spread & one cup marinara onto the meatballs.
- Cook the Meatballs put the skillet into an oven on high broil for 8 minutes to finish off the cooking.
- Serve sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley & serve with toasty bread!
Bruschetta Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 jar Bruschetta spread from trader joes
- 1 cup Marinara
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Pre heat the oven to broil on high
- In a magic bullet or blender cut your onion into quarters and pulse until it forms a paste. Or you could grate it.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground turkey, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion. Toss with a fork.
- In an oven safe skillet, heat 1 tablepsoon of olive oil over medium high heat and portion out meatballs using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Sear one side for 2 minutes then with tongs, flip them over. Sear for an additional minute.
- Pour Trader Joes Bruschetta spread over the meat balls as well as one cup marinara.
- Pop the entire skillet in the oven and let it finish cooking for about 8-10 minutes.
- Removed from the oven and top with feta cheese and sprinkle with parsley and basil. Enjoy!