If you've been around a while you know my love for Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch. Something about it is addicting! It's spicy, it's savory, it goes on ANYTHING.
And one afternoon I just got a craving for some crispy, crunchy chickpeas. The Chili Onion Crunch is right next to the canned food in my pantry so...I grabbed both and combined to create these poppable snacks!
My Favorite Way To Use Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch
So this little spicy oil mix goes on everything at my house from eggs to this Spicy Red Pepper Hummus, to these crispy chickpeas!
It's got a little crunch and a lot of spice. So these roasted chickpeas are my favorite way to use this spicy oil!
How To Get Chickpeas Crispy
If you want these to be truly crispy I suggest using DRY chickpeas and soaking them for just one hour in hot water.
This will get them just a little bit soft, but still able to crisp up in the oven. The canned chickpeas will work just fine but won't get extremely crunchy.
You can totally air fry these OR roast them on a sheet tray in the oven.
Also interested in more chickpea recipes these are my favorites...Roasted Ranch Chickpeas and Brussel Sprouts.
How To Use Spicy Chickpeas?
These little guys make a great afternoon snack but I also use them as my source of lean protein on salads.
Yes! You heard me. Think spicy, crunchy, croutons. & Once they are drizzled with that tahini sauce they are truly addicting!
How To Store Crispy Chickpeas
Place these in an airtight Tupperware or a ziplock bag and store on the counter or in the pantry for up to 7 days.
Store the tahini sauce in a air tight Tupperware in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch Chickpeas
- 2 cups dried chickpeas soaked in hot water for 1 hour OR 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joes Chili Onion Crunch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tahini Soom Foods
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- In a small bowl add the chickpeas, chili onion crunch, ½ teaspoon of salt and toss to combine.
- Spread evenly over a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Shaking the pan halfway through. You could also use an air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a another small bowl add tahini, water, lemon juice, and salt and whisk until white and creamy.
- Serve chickpeas with the tahini dressing drizzled on top and sprinkled with cilantro.