Ever find yourself in a pinch for side dishes for dinner? Whether its a dinner for guests or weeknight dinner for the family sometimes the main dish comes a little easier than some sides to go with it! Well I head to my pantry and I've always got a can of chickpeas on hand and one of my favorite ways to eat them is roasted! And Brussel sprouts are totally having a moment at my house this season and I'm eating them any way I can get them! Toss those together with a little ranch seasoning and you've got yourself a lean, green side dish!
This could easily be turned into a full meal if you have some cooked quinoa and top it with the roasted veggies for a completely vegetarian dish or pair with 4-6 oz of your favorite lean protein such as grilled chicken or salmon!
Did I mention this is a one pan recipe? That means minimal dishes which means maximum family time! Throw it all on a foil lined pan and it makes clean-up a breeze! I'm already drooling over those little crispy bits of Brussel sprouts leaves that get a littttttttle over done. Yum. So let's get cooking!
Roasted Ranch Chickpeas & Brussel Sprouts
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups brussel sprouts halved
- 1/2 packet of Ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put in a medium mixing bowl
- Cut the ends off of the brussel sprouts then cut in half and add to chickpeas
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir in 1/2 packet of Ranch seasoning.
- Cover a sheet pan with tin foil and pour chickpeas and brussels out on the pan
- Roast for 30 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- Serve over quinoa or with 4-6 oz of lean protein