A delicious blend of American whiskey and rich cream and touches of vanilla and agave for sweetness, Homemade Bourbon Cream is the PERFECT addition to coffee, root beer, or just straight up!
This blog contains affiliate links that I may make a small commission from.
It's a creamy and decadent treat that is easy to make at home with your favorite Bourbon and keep in the fridge for a luscious nightcap.
What Is Bourbon Cream?
It is a sweetened mix of Bourbon and cream. It is similar to Irish cream but I prefer the taste of Bourbon over Irish whiskey or scotch.
Bourbon has a bolder flavor that is unique to the charred oak barrels used to age the bourbon and when mixed up with cream, a delicious treat!
You can purchase bourbon cream in liquor stores, but making it at home is super easy and you can control how sweet it actually is and any flavor added in you'd like!
Creamy bourbon liquor is super simple to make with a few things you likely have at home! This homemade deliciousness includes...
- heavy cream
- Bourbon (I enjoy Angels Envy, Wellers Special Reserve, or even Makers Mark will work)
- agave syrup
- vanilla extract
Make It At Home
- Using a blender or hand mixer add the cream, bourbon, cocoa powder, syrup, and vanilla to the blender and quickly give it a few pulses.
- Pour into an air tight bottle and refrigerate
- Serve over ice, in coffee, or with a cream soda
This is such a personal preference, up until a few years ago I didn't really enjoy bourbons. My husband & I have been increasingly interested in it and enjoy tasting different ones & finding some favorites.
If you'd like a few suggestions to start with we love...
- Wellers Special Reserve for a special every day sipper.
- Angels Envy for something a little nicer and we love the flavor of this one.
- Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Storing Bourbon Cream
The best tip I can give you for storing and keeping your homemade cream liquor is an airtight container. There are many options for this, I love Weck jars but below are links to other options to grab!
Also, think about getting a really gorgeous jar to keep this in to up the elegance and experience when serving!
- Weck Jars
- Otis Swing Top Glass Bottles
- Amber Colored Bottles
Recipes Using Bourbon Cream
This is such a fun thing to have on hand to add to baked goods, cocktails, coffee, or even a fun cream soda or root beer float! Here are some suggestions to use your new homemade bourbon cream.
Bourbon Cream Drink Recipes
FAQ & Tips
Is Bourbon gluten-free? Due to the distillation process, Bourbon is gluten-free!
Storing & refrigerating Bourbon cream is important! An air-tight container is key and it keeps well in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Is Bourbon cream like Baileys? It is similar to Baileys in that it is creamy and sweet, however, Baileys is sweeter and typically has a cocoa flavor to it. Bourbon cream is less sweet and relies on the vanilla and caramel flavors naturally in bourbons.
Homemade Bourbon Cream
- 1 blender
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ⅓ cup Bourbon
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse 3 times.
- Pour into air tight jar and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.