20-minute dinner? YES PLEASE! Lean ground turkey all topped on crunchy tostadas. These Loaded Taco Salad Tostadas are everything delicious about tacos with a fun twist.
Wash these down with a Spicy Skinny Margarita and call it a night!
What is a Tostada?
A tostada is a Mexican dish in which toppings are layered on a crunchy, crispy tortilla!
These tortillas can be flat or bowl shaped and personally I think the higher the stack, the better!
Loaded Taco Salad Tostadas
If taco salad and tostadas had a baby, it would be these! Loaded up with all your favorite fixings from a taco salad in crunchy layers between tostada shells.
I love taking a short cut and grabbing any Southwest Salad salad mix at the store. You know the one that comes with toppings and a dressing? YUP! That's my secret. You'll also need...
- tostada shells
- ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- Southwest salad mix
- kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa or sour cream (optional)
How To Make Tostadas
If you want to make your own tostadas, you'll want to take small corn tortillas and pan fry them on either side with oil until nice and crispy!
However, I find it just as easy to grab a bag of pre-made tostadas at the store. They make for great and unique dinner ideas.
Simply layer these tostada shells with your desired toppings (for this recipe we are using delicious taco salad toppings) and enjoy!
Southwest Salad Mix
My semi-homemade secret ingredient to these delicious taco salad tostadas recipe is the premade Southwest Salad mix.
You know those pre-mixed salads? They eliminate the chopping and waste (because who honestly uses a whole thing of lettuce that you buy?).
It comes with a southwest dressing, that compliments these taco salads so nicely!
What To Serve With Tostadas?
A delicious dip would be incredible served along side these Turkey Taco Salad Tostadas.
Loaded Taco Salad Tostadas
- 8 to stada shells
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning about 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 bag Southwest salad mix pre mixed from the store in the produce section
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa or sour cream optional
- In a small bowl add the drained and rinsed kidney beans, salt, and pepper. Mash until most of the beans are mashed up and it is spreadable. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl mix up the Southwest salad mixture with the dressing it came with.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground turkey and when it is mostly cooked through, add in the taco seasoning. Cook until fully done.
- On 2 baking sheets, lay down 4-6 tostada shells.
- Spread the kidney beans on and top with cheese and turkey.
- Place another tostada shell on your stack and repeat. Beans, cheese, then turkey.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes utnil the cheese is melted.
- Top with the Southwest salad mixture and salsa/sour cream if desired!