Sweet corn season can be year round with this salad! A great side dish or vegan meal, the combo of sweet corn, quinoa, avocado, and kidney beans tastes like a Chipotle veggie bowl in the best way! So let's make this Healthy Roasted Corn and Quinoa Salad.
How To Cook Flavorful Quinoa
So I knew I needed to jazz up plain old quinoa if I wanted my husband and daughter to enjoy a light salad as much as I do. I love quinoa, but it for sure needs a little help!
Salt: So for this Mexican inspired quinoa salad I started by boiling water with a ton of salt! A well seasoned quinoa is a good quinoa! & by a ton of salt I mean 1.5 teaspoon for 1 cup quinoa.
Lime Juice: The next way I layered flavor into this quinoa salad is a big squeeze of lime after the quinoa was done cooking.
Tajin: Lastly, to really re-inforce the flavor profile here so I added a dash of Tajin Seasoning. This is a very acidic seasoning that has a little kick and is very savory. Usually sprinkled on fruit! It's delish in many savory dishes.
How To Build a Quinoa Bowl
Another fantastic way to flavor quinoa is to toss it with a ton of delicious veggies. Sweet corn is an absolute favorite of mine, so this one is loaded with it! Along with kidney beans, red onion, avocado, and an easy avocado dressing.
Start with quinoa cooked to package directions. Fluff it up and let it cool!
I like to add 1 cup of all toppings for a really even ratio of veggie to quinoa in each bite. 1 cup of quinoa goes a long way!
We'll top it all with a super simple avocado sauce and extra sprinkle of Tajin!
How to Easily Roast Corn on the Cob
- Preheat the oven to 425 and place your corn in a baking dish.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt
- Roast for 35 minutes and turn the corn cobs halfway through the cooking time!
You will end up with delicious, sweet roasted corn right from the oven!
Roasted Corn and Quinoa Salad
- small pot
- salad bowl
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups roasted corn
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tsp Tajin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook the quinoa according to the package.
- Once it is cooked, add in a dash of tajin seasoning, salt, and squeeze of lime.
- In a small bowl combine roasted corn, diced tomato, kidney beans, diced avocado, quinoa, red onion and toss.
- Sprinkle a little tajin over the top and serve!
Leave a Reply