We've officially made it through the first week of 2020! Did you make any resolutions or set any goals? Aside from re-watching the entirety of 9 seasons of The Office, my goals include sticking to my lean and green diet!
This January I'm committed to bringing you easy meals that will come together in 30 minutes or less. Starting with a soul warming 20 Minute Taco Soup. Need a recipe to whip up during the football game? Need a last minute Monday night meal? Need something to stock your freezer or meal prep for the week? This. is. it.
It's one of those recipes where you want to grab a bowl and cozy up and slowly enjoy. Savory and spicy and HEALTHY! Low sodium chicken broth as the base and just loaded with fajita veggies. I top mine with toasted corn tortilla and sliced avocado. YUM!
Twenty Minute Taco Soup
- 4 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Tajin Mexican seasoning
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a pot at medium high heat. Saute onion and red bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in spices and minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Pour in chicken stock and water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in black beans and corn. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with avocado, cilantro, and tortilla strips.