With Valentine's Day approaching, I wanted to start to create some memories in the kitchen for my daughter to look back on. What better way than with this pretty pink Sweet and Salty Chex Mix recipe?!
It's everything a little year old girl loves: sprinkles, popcorn, pink, cereal, a little something sweet....heck I even love it!
Healthy Sweet Chex Mix
So I wanted to keep it pretty healthy; this is a sweet Chex mix with NO corn syrup and only a few tablespoons of white chocolate for sweetness!
The other ingredients that bring this Chex mix into the "sweet" category are freeze dried strawberries, dried berries, and some sprinkle cookies!
How To Make The Perfect Party Mix
Ok even a sweet Chex mix needs a little salty counterpart! The best way to assemble a to-die-for party mix is to make sure there is balance between the sweet and savory.
So to balance out the sweet elements I mentioned earlier, we are combining them with salty popcorn and plain Chex.
By taking a big handful of this mix, you are sure to get all the best parts. A little sweet mixed with a little salty!
Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe Ingredients
- Chex cereal
- lightly salted popcorn
- white chocolate
- freeze dried strawberries (I find these at Kroger, Trader Joes, Aldi, and Target!)
- frosted animal cookies
- dried mixed berries
Chex Mix Extras
There are plenty of other add-ins for this sweet Chex mix recipe but here are some other that I'd recommend...
- Pink and Red M&Ms
- Berry Cheerios
- Annie's Neapolitan Bunny Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Raisins
How To Mix Sweet and Salty Chex Party Mix
To do the white chocolate, melt it in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Stirring in between until its smooth!
Once it's melted pour it over your Chex and popcorn, toss and sprinkle some extra sprinkles on top!
Add that mixture to the bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir and enjoy!
This no-bake Chex mix is truly one of our favorite Valentine's Day traditions ad would be perfect for parties like Bachelorette Parties or A Red Theme Party!
Pink Sweet and Salty Party Chex Mix Recipe
- mixing bowl
- 2 cups salted popcorn
- 2 cups plain chex
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup dried mixed berries
- 1 cup crushed frosted animal cookies
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- In a small mixing bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Stir until fully melted.
- On a sheet tray, lay out the chex and popcorn in a flat layer.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chex and the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles
- Let set for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden a bit.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix.