This recipe is for my loving husband, Ryan. It's from the kitchen of my mother-in-law and it is a perfectly crispy chocolate chip cookie. I lean towards a fluffier, soft chocolate chip cookie usually, but after I tasted these I could see why they were a favorite of my husbands growing up.
They are also very popular among his college buddies! So if you've got little ones or husbands, take note. These are one of the best little crispy chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted.
A Family Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie
Every holiday season my mother-in-law makes these star shaped crispy cookies and she carries them all the way to Kansas from North Carolina during Christmas time. It's not Christmas without them!
And since they are so itty bitty you don't feel guilty eating as many as you want. Right?!
I remember she made these and stocked our freezer right after I had Monroe and they really got me through so many (so. many.) late night breastfeeding sessions, haha!
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, vanila, salt, and butter together in the stand mixer using the paddle attachment 2-35 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 1 egg yolk.
- Gradually add in the flour until fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lay a long piece of parchment or wax paper on the counter and lightly flour it.
- Take ½ of the dough and place it on the paper and fold the paper on top of it so it's sandwiched in-between the parchment. Roll out to ⅛th of an inch.
- Remove the top sheet, then cut using cookie cutter cut out your shapes (We always use stars, but use whatever cookie cutter you like!)
- Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Repeat for the 2nd half of the dough.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the edges. Enjoy!