This recipe is all for my loving husband, Ryan. It's from the kitchen of my mother-in-law and it is a perfectly crispy mini chocolate chip cookie. I lean towards a fluffier, soft chocolate chip cookie usually but after I tasted these I could see why they were a favorite of my husbands growing up. They are also very popular among his college buddies! So if you've got little ones or husbands, take note. These are one of the best little crispy chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted.
Every holiday season my mother-in-law makes these star shaped crispy cookies and she carries them all the way to Kansas from North Carolina during Christmas time. It's not Christmas without them!
And since they are so itty bitty you don't feel guilty eating as many as you want. I remember she made these and stocked our freezer right after I had Monroe and they really got me through so many (so. many.) late night breastfeeding sessions, haha!
I know my blog is mostly centered around healthy foods, but I also want to feature family recipes that are near and dear to us. This is definitely one of them. She whipped up a batch when we were visiting last week and I thought this is the perfect time for you to put these on your to-bake list for friends, family, neighbors, and the perfect plate for Santa! Let's get cooking...
MIni Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, vanila, salt, and butter together until creamy.
- Beat in the 1 egg yolk
- Gradually add in the flour
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Divide the dough into 2 disks and wrap in plastic wrap
- Refridgerate for at least 1 hour
- Roll one of the disks out until it is 1/4 inch thick between 2 sheets of parchment
- Remove the top sheet then cut using cookie cutter
- Place on cookie sheet and refridgerate for 10 minutes
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown