Once the afternoon hits and I'm ready to reach for a snack, if I don't have something healthy already lined up I'm probably reaching for something easy and unhealthy. Prep this easy, healthy Romesco Dip for times like that!
This dip can be used as a dip, dressing, or sauce and has amazing tangy flavor and an incredible texture thanks to the almonds!
Trader Joes Romesco Dip
The inspiration for this recipe came from the Trader Joe's Romesco Dip. I bought a container and ate the entire thing in one sitting.
Thank goodness it's healthy! I knew I had to make a dupe so I could have it on hand. Always.
What's In Romesco?
So it's a bright red pepper dip and you might have guessed the main ingredient: roasted red peppers.
Other ingredients in romesco dip include: tomato, almonds, vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil, paprika, and garlic.
This combination creates a dip that has incredible depth from the roasted red peppers but also a brightness to it from the red wine vinegar. Excellent for dipping veggies!
Uses For Red Pepper Dip
My absolute favorite thing to serve with my easy, healthy Romesco Dip also comes from Trader Joes. It's their plantain chips!
Crispy and salty, made from plantains, these little chips are a great alternative to regular chips. However this dip goes very well with corn tortilla chips and veggies!
Other things to serve it with include roasted chicken or turkey tenderloin. Simply dump the sauce over your protein and bake it! The sauce deepens in flavor as it cooks in the oven.
Other Healthy Snack Ideas
If you are looking to step up your healthy snacking game try these recipes:
Easy, Healthy Romesco Dip
- Food Processor
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup salted roasted almonds =
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- In a food processor combine all ingredeints except the olive oil.
- Pulse the ingredients until they become finely chopped.
- Once it starts to look more liquid than solid (after about 30 seconds of pulsing) turn it on blend and start to stream in the olive oil slowly.
- This will help emulsify and make the dip come together!
- There will still be chunks in the sauce from the almonds, but when it is your desired consistency it's done.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.