Five simple ingredients, three easy-to-follow steps....whaaaattt??? Yep, these breakfast Biscoff Overnight Oats recipe is going to be your new favorite. Spiced Biscoff cookie butter, creamy oats, healthy chia seeds, it's really an amazing combination.
We all know how excellent of an energy-booster and mood-enhancer a good breakfast is. But on busy mornings, you could either fix your mascara or your breakfast. You know you pick the mascara!
Hey, but no more guilt trips! Because this delicious breakfast recipe will bust any busy-morning blues. & If you need some other quick breakfast ideas try my overnight Savory French Toast Bake or these Spinach Havarti Mini Quiche.
The easy Biscoff overnight oat recipe puts together ease, health, and indulgence to make a family-fav breakfast that takes no time and effort - but with maximum taste reward! Whether you're a fan of Biscoff or not, I guarantee you won't be able to resist this oaty goodness.
Here's Why You'll Love This...
There's Lotus Biscoff spread in there. Need I say more? I'm drooling already! This is the star of the show!
Shortest meal prep everrr! Make it ahead at night and save yourself the early morning struggle.
So easy to customize. Use whatever types of oats you have in hand, top it with some yummy goodies, and make it creamier or sweeter - there's nothing stopping you!
Healthy and yummy. Dietary fiber, healthy fats, proteins, and good taste - you're getting it all!
Let's quickly jump to the short and sweet ingredient list, shall we?
Fair warning: You'll NEVER want to go back to your regular old-fashioned rolled oats recipes!
What You Need For The Yummiest Biscoff Overnight Oats
- Milk: Almond milk, oat milk, soy milk - pick whatever suits your dietary preferences.
- Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter Spread: Although this is your choice, you can switch it with any other melted cookie butter.
- Rolled Oats: You can either use quick oats, old-fashioned oats, or steel-cut oats in this recipe. If you're using instant oats, they soak up liquid much quicker, so you may want to reduce the amount of milk used.
- Chia Seeds: These are packed with nutritious goodness and help thicken up the overnight oats' texture naturally. You can also use flax seeds if you have them on hand. Plus, they make a great topping for your breakfast bowl!
- Sea Salt: Don't leave it out!
Check out the recipe card at the end for the exact measurements.
While the basic five will give you a reason to want to slip out of bed and enjoy a good bite, there are some more that you can add for a flavor mega boost. Here, check some out:
- Cinnamon - for a hint of warmth and that fantastic aroma
- Maple syrup - to naturally sweeten up your breakfast a bit more
- Vanilla extract - for an extra note of creamy vanilla goodness.
- Protein Powder - for some more protein power!
- Greek yogurt - to make your breakfast smoother, creamier, and more delicious.
Whipping Up The Lotus Biscoff Overnight Oats
Here are those three simple steps that'll take you closer to a guaranteed morning smile.
- Mix together the milk, oats, cookie butter, and chia seeds.
2. Pour into 3-4 small mason jars and refrigerate overnight.
3. drizzle with cookie butter and garnish with crushed Biscoff cookies. Enjoy!
This easy Biscoff overnight oats recipe is super versatile. Add the toppings you love, and they'll all come together like magic. Here are some of my absolute favorites:
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Bits of Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruits - sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries
- Chopped nuts - almonds, walnuts, peanuts
Biscoff Oatmeal Variations
Want to taste a different version each time? Try one (or all) of these variations:
Use another spread. Peanut butter and Nutella are classic substitutes. But if you prefer almond butter or any other nut butter, go with it.
Leave the chia seeds out. Although healthy, chia seeds are not a must-add ingredient. If you're leaving them out, adjust the amount of liquid.
Replace chia seeds with hemp hearts or flaxseed meal.
Use brown sugar as a sweetener.
Use non-dairy milk. There's no hard and fast rule about using dairy milk. You can use any non-dairy option like almond, coconut, or oat milk.
Tips and Tricks That Guarantee a No-Fail Experience
Stir Only in a Mixing Bowl
We all want to save as many dishes from getting dirty as possible. But in this case, you have no option. Cookie butter has a thick consistency that needs a good amount of whipping. If you try and whisk everything directly into your serving jar, you'll end up annoyed.
Use a Big-Enough Jar
You don't want to wake up to a messy fridge. So, to avoid spills, I recommend using a wide-mouthed mason jar. Plus, the wide opening helps with stirring and adding ingredients conveniently.
Vary Your Soak Time Depending on Your Oats
Some types of oats require longer soaking time than others. It's best to read the instructions on your oats' package and adjust accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
For the best texture and results, stick to old-fashioned oats for this recipe. They add a nice chewiness to the oatmeal and also hold their shape well when cooked or soaked in liquid overnight.
If you're after a thick, pudding-like texture for your Biscoff oats, try adding more rolled oats and less liquid. And don't forget to give it a few extra minutes to rest before stirring.
Yep, whip the recipe up at night and let it chill in the fridge. If you store it right (in an airtight container), it'll stay good for up to 5 days. It's also freezer-friendly - it survives three months!
Easy Biscoff Overnight Oats (5 Ingredients!)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 3-4 small mason jars
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup Biscoff cookie butter spread
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- In a glass mixing bowl combine all ingredients and whisk well.
- Set aside for 3 minutes, then stir again.
- Separate into 3-4 individual jars and place in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning!