Easy appetizer alert! This gorgeous baked brie cheese topped with a warm home made berry compote is SURE to be a showstopper at any dinner table or cocktail party (Or on the back patio with close friends and family.) It could not be more simple, and comes together in less than 15 minutes, so let's make the best baked brie cheese recipe!Jump to Recipe
Baked brie cheese is one of the most comforting things. Warm, gooey cheese YUM. It can go savory or sweet, which is why I love including it on charcuterie boards sliced up. But, this requires no cutting or slicing. Just pop it into the oven to bake for 15 minutes while you create the EASIEST berry compote ever.
The berry compote is a simple jam made from ½ a bag of frozen mixed berries and some honey + vanilla. I'm willing to bet you even have some of those ingredients on hand! If you don't have mixed berries, any type will work! Im sure this would even be great with some peaches...maybe I'll try that next..
- 1 round of brie cheese
- ½ bag of frozen mixed berries. About 2 cups. I love frozen fruit from Trader Joes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey. I used this amazing vanilla infused honey from Honey Truck Co.
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- On a sheet tray, place the brie round on a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While that bakes, take the 2 cups mixed berries and ¼ cup water and bring it to a soft simmer in a saucepan.
- Once the berries start to breakdown add in the honey and vanilla.
- Using the back of the spoon, mash the berries as you stir so there aren't huge pieces.
- Let this continue to cook while the brie bakes.
- Remove the brie and top with warm berry compote. Serve with crackers!
Baked Brie with Warm Berries
- 1 Brie Round
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Berries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon honey
- pre heat oven to 375
- place the round of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- bake for 15 minutes
- While the brie bakes, mix the 2 cups berries along with ¼ cup water in a sauce pan. Bring to a gentle boil
- Add in the honey and vanilla and continue to stir and mash the berries with the back of the spoon.
- Let that continue to cook until the brie is done baking
- Remove the brie, top with about ½ the berry compote and serve with crackers!