Tis the season to pumpkin spice everything! We are right in the middle of pumpkin season and I’ve got the perfect thing to scratch that pumpkin spice itch. As I’m typing this recipe up, I’ve actually got this cake in the oven. We live in the Midwest so it’s still warm outside but who doesn’t love the smell of pumpkin pie spice traveling through the halls of their home? It’s like a Bath and Body Works candle came to life and I’m about to frost it with cream cheese and enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee. Let's make a pumpkin carrot cake!
To be honest (unpopular opinion alert) I don’t really love the PSL like the majority of people do. It’s too sweet for me and I prefer to consume my pumpkin spice via carbs and cream cheese frosting. This is “healthy” enough to eat at breakfast (carrots and pumpkin are lean and green, right?) but indulgent enough to have for dessert, this is a combination of a carrot cake and pumpkin bread that is sure to please a crowd! So let’s get cookin’!
Pumpkin Carrot Cake
- 1 can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour I used Krusteaze or use all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 jar cream cheese frosting or homemade!
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together 1 can pumpkin, eggs, and melted coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl mix almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. Fold in grated carrots
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and give it a good spray with non stick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 45 min.
- Let cake cool completely then top with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!