Thanksgiving is right around the corner and if you are like many you may have a few leftovers on your hands...no fear! Those leftovers are getting a makeover with Leftover Turkey Quesadillas.
This post may contain affiliate links that I make a small commission from.
Fried up in herb-y olive oil, these quesadillas will make thanksgiving taste like it never has before!
If you need a recipe for turkey so you actually HAVE leftover turkey, check out my Herbs de Provence Turkey recipe!
Thanksgiving Turkey Quesadilla
The first thing you'll need is some leftover turkey! The more flavorful the better. White and dark meat work well for this recipe as long as it's shredded.
We'll use corn tortillas to play up the corn flavor and stuff it with turkey, brie, and swiss cheese.
Using an herb infused olive oil, fry the quesadilla and enjoy!
Herb Infused Olive Oil
This may be the essential thing that makes this quesadilla so amazing. The olive oil is infused with garlic and oregano and totally changes the flavor of the typical quesadilla.
This is easy to make yourself or I found a version at Aldi! Simply add minced garlic and dried oregano to your olive oil before frying the quesadilla. Or purchase this one from Amazon! Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
For a lighter version, skip the olive oil and mix those herbs straight into the cheese mixture! A healthier and oil free dinner is served!
Although make sure you have an awesome non stick pan ( Blue Diamond Toxin Free Ceramic Nonstick Safe Open Frypan, 10') so you don't ruin your hard earned quesadilla!
Dipping Sauce for Leftover Turkey Quesadilla
My favorite dipping sauce for this quesadilla is a combo of leftover cranberry sauce and dijon mustard.
Its a great savory sweet balance that elevates this quesadilla even further! I like mostly dijon with just a tablespoon or 2 of cranberry. If you don't have any cranberry sauce a strawberry jam or jelly would be a good substitute!
Simply stir both together and serve!
More Turkey Leftover Recipes...
Leftover Turkey Sandwich is the ULTIMATE mash up of leftovers. Use up everything from your Thanksgiving table so nothing goes to waste.
White Wine Pot Pie can't be beat! Delicious and creamy interior filled with leftover turkey is topped with warm, flaky biscuits.
Leftover Turkey Quesadilla
- 4 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 4 oz brie cheese, cubed
- 8 oz shreddd swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp herb infused olive oil (optional but worth it!) You can sub in regular olive oil with minced garlic + dried oregano!
- 4 flour tortillas I use fajita sized tortillas!
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce sub in strawberry jam or jelly if you don't have any leftover cranberry sauce.
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- In a non stick skillet over medium high, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add 1 tortilla round. Press it into the oil and move it in a circular motion to coat the entire side with oil.
- Top with 1 oz cubed brie cheese, 2 oz shredded swiss cheese, and 1 cup shredded turkey.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes until it starts to sizzle around the edges.
- Fold the tortila in half onto itself to create a half moon shape.
- cook 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Repeat for the rest of the servings.
Sweet Mustard Dip
- In a small bowl combine the cranberry sauce with the mustard and stir. Serve as a dipping sauce for your leftover turkey quesadillas!