I think this may have been my most popular recipe I posted on Instagram stories. SO many of you reached out for the recipe and I'm finally getting around to posting it for ya!
This is an easy dinner option that has ALL the taste and texture of rich Chinese food without the guilt! I love Chinese food but all the added salt and tempting fried crab Rangoons (damn you, delicious cream cheese!) but it's impossible for me to enjoy it anymore knowing with every bite I'm probably swelling up.
What's even better than take out? 20 minute Easy Egg Roll Bowls at home! Packed with protein and veggies, I serve to the hubby over white rice and it's an extremely filling meal that will scratch that Chinese takeout itch!
I recently starting using Trader Joes Everything But The Bagel Seasoning to season the ground pork because it truly has almost every spice commonly found in Chinese food minus the ground ginger. So I made it easy on myself (and you) and just tossed it all in one scoop!
So grab your wine and lets get cooking!
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 Bag Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger or 1 Tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Siracha
- 3 Green Onions Sliced
- Optional Siracha Mayo for topping
- Finely dice your onion and put into a pot with sesame oil on medium high heat until onions are translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in minced garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add in the ground pork and brown until cooked through.
- Season with everything but the bagel seasoning, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bag of coleslaw mix, soy sauce, siracha, and rice wine vinegar. Cook until cabbage is tender. About 4-5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and top with sliced green onion and siracha mayo!