Salted. Chocolate. Chili. Crunch. Wow, that's a mouthful! This is the 2nd treat going into the cookie tins for our neighbors. The smokey dark chocolate bark will be a great contrast to the super sweet chocolate chip cookies that are also going in our cookie tin. t's a perfectly tempered dark chocolate laced with smokey chili powder and crunchy quinoa. Quinoa? Yes! It adds a nice crunchy surprise in this chocolate and we top it all off with flaky sea salt and it's a spiced match made in heaven!
I love the salty, smokey, sweet combo of this bark. Did I mention it's healthy? I chose a 60% dark chocolate and when you pick a chocolate for this make sure its a good one! You want to avoid chocolate chips for this otherwise it won't temper correctly and be fully solid at room temperature. Plus the quinoa is a great source of lean protein. So in the middle of all those cookies you don't have to feel guilty for snacking on this dark chocolate bark.
Salted Chocolate Chili Crunch Bark
- 10 oz dark chocolate use something good! a good bar of chocolate with high cocoa butter content
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- First we temper the chocolate. Do this by chopping the chocolate and put ½ of the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
- microwave in 30 second increments, stiring in between until it starts to melt
- When it is mostly melted, add in the second half of the chocolate and just continute to stir until it fully melts. This could take a few minutes but just be patient!
- Stir in spices and quinoa
- Pour chocolate over a piece of parchment and let set up. About 15-20 min.
- Break apart and enjoy!
Leave a Reply