Cooking can be quite intimidating. What do I cook? How do I cook it? Am I going to have to go to a specialty store for these ingredients? It's a daunting task! Whether you are newly married, living on your own, or cooking for a family, I've compiled a list of recipes you should know how to make. Recipes for beginners includes some of my own as well as some other great bloggers! These will be simple, yet special recipes you would be proud to serve!
- Chicken Breast Recipes
Recipes you should know how to cook
- Vodka Sauce - White Kitchen Red Wine a vodka sauce is a super simple red sauce that's base is tomato and vodka! The vodka gets cooked out and your left with a rich pasta sauce that's made from scratch!
- Pasta with Garlic Sauce - What's Gaby Cooking A white pasta sauce recipe to keep in your back pocket. This could easily be served with any protein you like!
- Easy Spaghetti Sauce - A Seasoned Greeting Lastly, a spaghetti sauce! Because, duh. Everyone would really know how to make a spaghetti sauce from scratch, because although simple, it can totally transform your spaghetti dinner.
Pizza Dough- Cosette's Kitchen This is as simple as it gets folks. You should definitely learn to make your own pizza dough from scratch. It's SO easy, a bit time consuming, but easy. It's a fun family activity as well as dinner party idea: Make Your Own Pizza Party!
- Pizza Topping Ideas In college we had a pizza place that served Cream Cheese Pepperonni Pizza. Game changer!
Baked Chicken Breast
The baked chicken breast is a simple dish, yet if over cooked can turn horrible! Get yourself a good meat thermometer and change that. The best thing about baked chicken breast is that it can be the main protein to almost ANY style of dinner. Salad bowl, pasta, or grilled veggies go so well with baked chicken breast.
Mediterranean Chicken Power Bowl - in this post I outline how to get the perfect baked chicken!
Easy Baked Chicken Breast- Gimme Some Oven She lays out her 5 steps to perfect baked chicken breast
Super Simple Baked Chicken Breast another recipe for simple baked chicken breast.
Although salads are simple, there IS a specific process to achieving the perfectly balanced salads you would order at a restaurant. Salad recipes for beginners:
- Peach Prosciutto Salad - This is my favorite summer salad and I give you my outline for creating the best salads ever!
- Caprese Salad - Well known and for good reason! A Caprese salad consists of mozzarella, basil, and tomato. So yummy and can be a great appetizer or served with dinner.
- Kale Salad - Yes, maybe the most divisive of all of the salad greens, if done right I promise you will learn to love kale!
Scrambled Eggs- Definitely at the top of recipes for beginners should be scrambled eggs! They are an all day food around our house, but especially for that new husband or friends staying the night...you'll want to know how to make these!
Easy Scones - Scones are an amazing breakfast delicacy and are SO EASY. Just don't over mix the ingredients and you basically can't mess these up.
Breakfast Frittata - a baked breakfast quiche or frittata only looks fancy. But it's actually a great way to use up old veggies and serve a crowd! Knowing how to make a frittata can make you look like a pro!