Rich, roasted red pepper romesco sauce baked with boneless, skinless chicken thighs are quite possibly the easiest dinner combination ever! Add some cauliflower gnocchi and we've got ourselves a stellar 30 minute meal. This Roasted Red Pepper Chicken and Gnocchi will be a go-to weeknight dinner.
Table of Contents
Roasted Red Pepper Romesco Sauce
This chicken dinner recipe uses one of my favorite snack recipes: Romesco Dip! If you haven't tried out that dip yet- you must!
And if you have any leftover, this is an incredible use for it! Simply pour my Red Pepper Romesco Dip all over the chicken and bake!
The romesco sauce is a tangy red pepper sauce with tomato, almonds, red wine vinegar and paprika. Its perfect for dipping but it also makes a fantastic red sauce.
Baking Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
One of the easiest ways to prep chicken thighs is to simply cover them with something delicious (aka romesco sauce) and pop it in the oven. It can take less than 30 minutes and it's really tough to over cook chicken thighs.
They stay incredibly juicy and baking them with some type of sauce is a great way to ensure that for this roasted red pepper chicken.
I like to spread the chicken thighs out as flat as they go and place in a baking dish. For this recipe we are doing 4.
You want to cook them to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure they are safe to eat. This can take from 25-35 minutes. So keep an eye on that temperature.
What Can I Substitute for Cauliflower Gnocchi?
So I love this Roasted Red Pepper Chicken served over Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi, however if you can't get your hands on it you can definitely use regular gnocchi, penne pasta, or bow tie pasta would be great too!
Or you can stick to the veggies and serve over zucchini noodles.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken and Gnocchi
- 2 cups Romesco Dip find my recipe for romesco dip here!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bag Cauliflower Gnocchi Substitute in regular gnocchi or your favorite pasta!
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried basil leaves
- Prepare the Romesco Dip according to this blog post https://whitekitchenredwine.com/romesco-dip/
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degress fahrenheit.
- Place 4 chicken thighs in a baking dish and pour half of the romesco dip over the chicken. Top with shredded parmesan.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the chicken for 25-35 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the gnocchi or pasta according to the directions.
- When the gnocchi is almost done, pour the remainder of the romesco sauce over and continue cooking until the gnocchi is cooked.
- Remove and slice chicken, serve over the gnocchi and garnish with fresh or dried basil!