Margaritas are something that I believe should be enjoyed year round, this bubbly pear margarita is the perfect winter marg!
Now from the name of my blog I think you could have easily guessed I love red wine. But if I'm not sipping a nice cab, I'm probably drinking spicy margaritas!
So why not make a holiday friendly margarita with some simple pear syrup, bubbly soda water, and of course tequila!
Pear Margarita Ingredients
The pear flavor is going to come from 2 different ingredients. A pear simple syrup as well as a Peach Pear sparkling water from La Croix.
A sparkling drink with a hint of pear flavor and this simply sweet pear syrup are shaken together to create the perfect pear margarita mix!
A blanco tequila is important here as well. Any gold tequila will not give you a very good color or flavor! Trust me on this one - I had to taste test a few. Just to be sure.
Lastly, we'll finish the drink with a squeeze of lime and rim the glass with a bit of lime juice and cinnamon sugar. Tangy, sweet, and spicy! Perfect balance to our bubbly pear margarita.
How To Make Pear Simple Syrup
A simple syrup is like the name suggests: SIMPLE! Equal parts sugar, water, and pear slices go into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
Boil until the sugar is dissolved and the pears are soft. Strain the pears and we're done!
Store this in an air tight container in the fridge so you can whip up a Bubbly Pear Margarita anytime you like! I love to store mine in extra glass mason jars that I have.
More Margarita Recipes
Need a little extra margarita love? Holiday season, summer cookouts, and beyond these margarita recipes will get you by!
Bubbly Pear Margarita
Pear Simple Syrup
- 3 pears, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup Tequila or more depending on your taste!
- 2 cups simple syrup
- 2-3 cans Peach Pear La Croix Sparkling Water
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, water, and pears. Bring to a boil.
- Stir and keep an eye on it until the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain out the pears and set the simple syrup aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a pitcher combine the tequila, lime juice, and the simple syrup. Top with the soda water.
- OR you can mix the tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in a mixing bowl and pour over individual glasses of ice. Top each glass with soda water.