Need to cool down after a long day? Or need a fun bridal shower brunch cocktail idea? Coming up with new and unique things to serve at a party or enjoy at home is tricky. This Sweet Tea Cocktail recipe is just the ticket this summer!
Sweet tea lemonade cocktails are easy to make and only look fancy. Its basically a glass of sweet iced tea spiked with sweet tea vodka (if you like!) and you stick a lemonade popsicle in the tea to keep it cool. As it melts you are left with a sweet tea/lemonade combo that is perfect for the patio.
So, sweet tea can be a divisive topic. I grew up in the south and I personally have a mother that once tipped a Cracker Barrel employee $100 because she made her tea the right way. So I think I have some authority on how to make the PERFECT sweet tea.
How To Make Sweet Tea
First you are going to want Lipton Black Iced Tea .
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, about 6 cups. Then remove from heat and drop in 3-5 tea bags and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- While it is still warm add in 3/4 cup granulated sugar and stir until it's dissolved.
How To Make Lemonade Ice Pops
These ice pops are just as easy as whipping up your sweet tea!
- Get your favorite popsicle mold..this popsicle mold is the one I used.
- I used Natalies Lemon Juice and it was perfect! Mix some lemon juice with agave syrup.
- Slice up some lemons nice and thin.
- Funnel the lemonade mixture into your ice pop molds and stick a lemon slice in
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.
What Vodka to Use For Sweet Tea Cocktails
- Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka Sweet tea vodka will really help sell the "sweet tea" part of the cocktail. Its delicious!
- New Amsterdam Vodka This is my go-to vodka that isn't flavored. Can lose with this one!
Ok so let's make these cocktails! Once your sweet tea has cooled down and your lemonade pops are frozen, grab a wine glass and fill it with sweet tea and 1 oz Sweet Tea Vodka.
Stick your lemonade pop in and enjoy! The longer it sits and melts into the sweet tea, the more "lemonade" flavor you'll end up with. So yummy & refreshing!
Sweet Tea Lemonade Cocktail
- popsicle molds
- pot to boil water
- wine glasses
- 3-5 bags Lipton Black Tea
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 6 oz sweet tea vodka
- First, mix the lemon juice with agave syrup and whisk until combined
- pour into popsicle mold and stick a slice of lemon into each one. Freeze for minimum 3 hours.
- Brew the lipton black iced tea according to directions
- While it's still warm, stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Once your pops are frozen, in a wine glass pour the sweet tea, add 1 oz vodka, and stick the lemonade pop in