Is there truly anything better than having your lunch already prepped? Do your future self a favor and prep this Spinach Artichoke Chicken salad to keep in the fridge for an easy lunch or snack.
Amazing Chicken Salads
In my opinion, chicken salad is very underrated. You can prep a bunch at one time and enjoy it all week!
There are so many wonderful flavor combinations but for me its the combo of textures that truly make a chicken salad wonderful.
Usually creamy, crunchy, chicken, maybe even something sweet in there! The possibilities are endless and you almost can't mess it up.
What's In Spinach Artichoke Chicken Salad?
So like a traditional chicken salad I had to keep it creamy, have diced or shredded chicken, and make it absolutely delicious!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is spinach and artichoke. They lend themselves well to pairing with chicken so I thought this was the perfect match.
Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped spinach, greek yogurt, and a small bit of cream cheese for richness. Finish it with salt and pepper and you've got yourself a great lunch!
How To Make It
- To assemble this chicken salad you need to chop up some rotisserie chicken first, spinach, as well as your artichokes
- Stir all of the chopped ingredients together with room temperature cream cheese, some tangy Greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to come together and enjoy!
If you don't have a rotisserie chicken, this is a great use for any leftover chicken you might have! Simply chop it up and toss it in.
My favorite artichokes to use are marinated however if you can't get your hands on the marinated ones, from a can is just fine!
Why Is This Recipe Different?
Instead of packing this recipe with mayo or making it entirely cream cheese, I've struck a balance between the richness you love in spinach artichoke dip, and a healthy balanced lunch.
Minimal ingredients mean minimal prep time AND you can be confident that what you are fueling your body with is delicious and nutritious.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast chopped
- 4 oz marinated artichokes
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy as a salad for lunch or on crackers for a snack!
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This is also good heated in the microwave and wrapped in pita bread!