Raise your hand if you have a dish during the holidays where if you did not eat that dish, it just wouldn't be the same? For me, that is the good old fashioned green bean casserole. I've updated it to be healthier and easier with this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
I don't even want to put a fresh, healthy twist on it! I unapologetically love the canned green beans with the canned fried onions and cream of mushroom soup. I can't help myself. Now you know the truth!
Although I didn't want to stray too far away from the original recipe we all love, I did however find a MUCH cleaner alternative to the canned cream of mushroom. This Pacific Foods condensed mushroom soup has ingredients I can pronounce and relative to the alternative soup, much better for you! Of course everything in moderation. I also found that cooking in the slow cooker gets the fresh green beans nice and tender while still keeping their integrity. Adding a dash of soy sauce really brings the earthy, saltiness that goes so well with the mushrooms!
Well, my simple recipe has 5 ingredients and won't take up any valuable oven space. This is a set it and forget it crock pot (or instant pot) recipe to be prepared the day of! So let's get cooking!
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- 1 16 oz bag of fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 cartons of Pacific Foods Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 2 cans fried onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Open and drain all 4 cans of green beans and then add them to your crock pot
- Pour in the 2 cartons of Pacific Foods Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- Add in the worcestershire sauce and stir to combine
- Stir in one can of the fried onion
- Season with salt and pepper
- Set it on low and let it warm through for 2 hours or high for 1.
- When ready to serve top with remaining can of fried onions. Or transfer to a casserole dish and broil for 3 minutes to crisp it up more!