If you are all about a good side dish for holidays, dinner parties, or the weeknights then you will LOVE this 10 Minute Jalapeño Popper Creamed Corn with Bacon.
It checks all the boxes for the perfect side dish: creamy, savory, bacon-y, addicting, and....healthy!? What! Yep it's true. Healthy jalapeño popper creamed corn.
What's Creamed Corn?
Traditionally creamed corn is served with cream, butter, salt, sugar, cracked pepper, maybe some cheese? It's creamy and slightly sweet from the corn.
However in this healthy version we are thickening it with a bit of flour, 2% milk, and stirring in a dollop of greek yogurt for richness and tang.
Jalapeno Popper Creamed Corn
It's just my modern take on the traditional creamed corn because WHO doesn't love a jalapeno popper!? It's cream cheese stuffed in a jalapeno with bacon. So good. An American classic (at least in my house!)
This creamed corn has a whole jalapeno, turkey bacon (your choice of bacon works fine! I like turkey bacon to keep it a little lighter), and instead of cream cheese, greek yogurt.
The sweetness from the corn balances the heat SO well and the savory bacon adds richness that you never knew you were missing in your Grandma's Creamed Corn.
How To Store Creamed Corn
I will not lie to you, my favorite part of this creamed corn was that after I refrigerated it, it became a little more solid and was an amazing CORN DIP!
Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip?! Yep, serve it cold and that's what you've got. Is it the ultimate leftover? Yes. Yes it is. Serve with tortilla chips or peppers!
Otherwise you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat for delicious leftovers!
Jalapeno Popper Creamed Corn with Bacon
- 2 cans corn
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 or 2 jalapeños diced
- 5 strips of bacon crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a cast iron skillet cook your bacon and set aside.
- Add the jalapeño to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on half the flour and stir to coat the jalapeños.
- Pour in corn and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining flour over the corn and stir, your mixture should start to thicken up!
- Pour in ⅓ of the milk and stir for a minute until it becomes thick. Repeat until all milk is gone.
- Don't rush this step because you are creating your "sauce"
- Pour in honey and season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add in chopped bacon. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in greek yogurt. Enjoy!