Skinny Turkey Taco Peppers
Taco Tuesday Just Got Healthier!
- 1 Lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 /2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup brown rice or quinoa
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz water may need more depending how how fast your rice/quinoa cooks in the liquid
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- shredded cheese for topping if you'd like!
Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high then add your turkey & brown
Add salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and garlic. Stir to combine
Add corn, black beans, and rice/quinoa, tomato sauce, salsa, and water
Heat through until mixture is bubbling then turn heat to medium-low and simmer until rice or quinioa is cooked!
Serve up in a bowl topped with cilantro and cheese or stuff in a roasted bell pepper!
Calories: 355kcalCarbohydrates: 34.2gProtein: 29.8gFat: 12.6g