Healthy Dairy-Free Carbonara
WHITE KITCHEN RED WINE
“This Dairy-Free Carbonara is so easy to make and is a great alternative to the heavier version.”
-WHITE KITCHEN RED WINE
▢ 16 oz pasta I used gluten-free spaghetti! ▢ 2 eggs ▢ 2 tsp salt ▢ 1 tsp pepper ▢ 1/4 cup nutritional yeast ▢ 1 cup peas ▢ 5 slices of turkey bacon ▢ 1.5 cups pasta water ▢ juice of 1 lemon
Healthy Dairy-Free Carbonara Recipe
1. Boil your pasta according to the package and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
2. In a large skillet, cook your bacon until crispy. About 5 minutes.
3. Remove the bacon and chop.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk.
5. Slowly add the pasta water and whisk to combine.
6. Add the pasta and bacon back to the skillet and pour the sauce over them. Stir well to coat the pasta.
7. Stir in peas.