Can you believe it's the END of May already? Did it sneak up on you like it did me? Well, I was a little worried about what we'd cook out for our little family gathering. Of course it needs to be outdoors, family friendly, lots of sides, plus desserts (DUH!). So I've gathered with a group of amazing food bloggers to bring you some menu ideas for Memorial Day weekend gatherings!
Memorial Day Menu
First is my Chili Onion Crunch Chickpeas. This easy appetizer is one of the most popular on the blog and it uses one of my all time favorite things: Chili Onion Crunch from Trader Joes. This appetizer is perfect for your Memorial Day menu for many reasons:
- you can make a lot at one time in your air fryer or on a baking sheet
- it's perfectly fine served at room temperature
- its 2 ingredients!
I like to serve these drizzled with tahini + lemon and sprinkled with cilantro! It's a fresh and light combination that packs tons of flavor and goes with many types of other foods you may be serving this Memorial Day weekend.
Chili Onion Crunch Chickpeas
- 2 cups dried chickpeas soaked in hot water for 1 hour OR 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joes Chili Onion Crunch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the chickpeas, chili onion crunch, ½ teaspoon of salt and toss to combine.
- Spread evenly over a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Shaking the pan halfway through.
- In a another small bowl add tahini, water, lemon juice, and salt and whisk until white and creamy.
- Serve chickpeas with the tahini dressing drizzled on top and sprinkled with cilantro.
DeSocio In The Kitchen
What a great appetizer! This sage fritter from DeSocio In The Kitchen would be a great kick off to your Memorial Day Menu!
A Seasoned Greeting
Now its really time to get the meal started! How pumped would your family be to sit down to this burger for dinner!?
If you'd rather have hot dogs for the main Memorial Day meal, look not further than these delicious and fresh Sonoran Hot Dogs!
Sugar Face Bakes
I was tempted to put this in the appetizer section because there is NO WAY I'm waiting until the end of the meal to devour this caramel ice cream!
So that wraps up this Memorial Day Menu Collab! Hope you got some great ideas for your weekend menu and enjoy time with friends and family.