There is nothing I love more than a make ahead meal (or side). The base of this salad, kale and Brussel sprouts hold up GREAT, actually they're even better, if you let them hang out in the salad dressing for a while. Which makes this kale and Brussels wreath salad a perfect option if you are busy and need to meal prep for lunch or if you need to prep a side for a get together!
Holiday Wreath Salad
This simple salad is actually great for anytime of year, but especially now when everything on the table needs to be a little more fun and joyful this one really stands out!
By placing the dressing in the middle and arranging the greens around it and decorating it perfectly with the pomegranate seeds it's really the most beautiful Christmas wreath.
But, what really pulls it all together is that funky blue cheese. The savory and creamy cheese paired with a burst of freshness from the pomegranate partners so well with the kale and sprouts.
To be honest, the "creamy" part of the salad is always my favorite. Whether its the dressing or a good cheese, it always seems to be what takes a salad from "blah" to hearty, satisfying meal!
If you want to create perfect salads every time, head over to this blog with my formula for the PERFECT salad.
How to Meal Prep Salad
If this isn't on your table for a family gathering or Christmas party, you could definitely meal prep this for easy lunches throughout the week! Add 3 or 4 oz of grilled chicken and voila. An amazing mid-day pick me up that feels fancy but is actually so easy!
Kale & Brussel Sprout Salad With Pomegranate Dressing
- 1 Bunch of kale
- 10 oz bag of brussel sprouts
- 1 pomegranate
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- small bowl for dressing
- large round platter for "wreath"
- In a small bowl or mason jar add olive oil, greek yogurt, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate juice, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk it all together or shake it up to combine! Set aside
- Pull the leaves of the kale off the stalk and wash then dry. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage the kale with your hand for 1-2 minutes. DONT SKIP THIS!
- Cut the ends off the brussel sprouts, then thinly slice and place in the large bowl with the kale. Toss to combine. Pour half of the dressing onto the kale and brussels and mix.
- Put a small bowl in the middle of a large round platter to hold the rest of the salad dressing.
- Arrange the greens in a circle surrounding the small dressing bowl. Top with crumbled blue cheese and pomegrante seeds.