Does it ever roll around to lunch time and you have a starving toddler on your hands but absolutely no idea what to make? Here is a week of kid's meals for a little one that have a spooky twist for this Halloween week!
Week of Kid's Meals
When you are finished you can download the menu, instructions, and ingredients for FREE right here!
Monday: Chicken "Boo"dle Soup
This is a homemade chicken noodle soup (or store-bought if that's more your speed!) that subs out regular pasta for black soybean pasta from Aldi. They have so many fun pasta choices now a days so just try to find something a different color and your little one might just be intrigued enough to eat it all! Best of all, leftovers. Freeze 'em or serve them it all week! Click here to get my full Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Last nights Skinny Turkey Taco skillet is today's lunch! Just hollow out a bell pepper, cut a funny face into it, and fill it with the taco stuffing! Easy peasy!
Wednesday: Mummy Hot Dogs
Okay, I know this isn't exactly "healthy" but it is so fun and totally reminds me of my childhood and something my mom would have done for us kids. And let's be honest, kids will no questions asked eat a hot dog. So this is a no-fuss lunch!
Thursday: Jack O Lantern Face Quesadilla
Melted cheese on a corn tortilla is made from ingredients I always have in my fridge and you can hide veggies or a slice of turkey or ham in there!
Friday: "Candy Corn" Fruit Parfait
Now this is one I can even get on board with for lunch! A simple layered fruit parfait, topped with non-dairy whipped cream. Serve with a side of protein and you are good to go! The colors are so fun and after Halloween night, they could probably use some fruit to balance all that candy!
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 or 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Carrots Chopped
- 4 Stalks of Celery chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 8 oz noodle of choice
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and brown the chicken breast on both sides
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and coot for about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, italian spices, celery salt and combine
- Pour in chicken stock and water and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add in salt and pepper.
- Pull the chicken out and shred it, add in un-cooked pasta and add the chicken back in.
- Cook about 10 more minutes or until noodles are done. Taste the broth and you may need to add salt and pepper to your liking!
- Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon, enjoy!